Sunday, September 12, 2010

So...Life?

     So, life has, once again, reared its ugly head in my direction. Only this time, it deposited a rose in my lap before it mind fucked me. At least now I have something beautiful in my life to concentrate on when everything else is blowing up.
     Without going into great detail, it shall suffice to say that Catholicism and I are no longer on speaking terms, I haven't been to church in two weeks, and I'm more than a little stressed out right now. But, I am now more comfortable with me than I have been in...well, too many years to count. And may I say, it feels absolutely awesome. So what if I have to adopt a new religion after 18 years of feeling somewhat at home in a Catholic church? I can do it knowing that I'm going to be ok at the end of the day.
     However, there is one question that continues to gnaw at the back of my mind: do i really have to totally give up being Catholic? I mean, they certainly believe that you either go all the way, or go home, damn them. But there are some parts of the faith that I really, truly love, and really don't think I'm going to be able to give those things up. For example, I have been to other kinds religions' services, and not once was I as close to God as I was in an incense filled church with a priest chanting prayers to God. Sorry Protestants, that's just the way it is. And also, kneeling; why doesn't everyone do that? It's just such a positively invigorating and emotional experience...I just can't even put it into words. It should be mandatory for everyone who is able to kneel for at least 15 minutes a day and pray to their God. The Muslims got it right on that one. 
     Of course, I realize that I can do these things on my own, and I probably will, but there is just nothing like the feeling of being surrounded by hundreds of people who believe the same thing that you do and doing the same thing that you are doing. Is that shallow? Maybe, but who gives a damn?! Being surrounded by people with the similar faith and beliefs as you kind of negated that uncertainty, but unfortunately, I had to go and change that up, so now it's all creeping back up on me. 
     But, day by day. I've found a new place that I'm going to try out pretty soon here, so hopefully that'll work out. But until that, there is a...challenge that I am pursuing. I'm having to turn my crafty on all the way for this one, too, so it'll be a good time killer at least, even if it doesn't pan out the way I would like for it to. It's all about the journey, right?
     Final paragraph on Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus. Worst movie meant to be good. Ever. Hands down, no thought. Just...a terrible, terrible movie. The graphics looked like they were done by a 5 year old Filipino boy who had never even seen a computer before. The script was probably written by panda bears who were mad at the United States government. The plot was most likely something that one of the directors fantasized about back in the day when he jacked off. It was an absolute wreck. But everyone should watch it because it was the best laugh I've had in a good long while. The epitome of the movie was a guy casually glancing out of a plane window, and exclaims 'Holy shit!' when he sees a gigantic shark flying toward the plane. This is then followed by the same clip about five times, separated by scenes of the plane shaking, when clearly, it had already blown up. Seriously, go watch it.

1 comment: