Tuesday, September 28, 2010

AAAAAAHHHHH!!

     So, this morning, I sat up in bed and was informed by my roommate that there had been a shooting at UT. I got up, walked to my closet, and then felt my brain stem snap in half. I only know about 100 people that go to the University of Texas at Austin, and in my mind, every single one of them was now dead. 
     First, I went through denial. It didn't happen, everything was fine. I was just going to be alright and then go take my Bio Lab test. Then my roommate told me the shooter had used an AK47, and my brain pretty much exploded. Somewhere along the way, I had the piece of mind to get dressed and had put my phone in my pocket, because I whipped it out and immediately started texting everyone on my phone book that went to UT, praying to God that the reports of no one getting shot were true. 
     When I had only heard from 2 out of, like 20 people and I had to go take my test, I knew I was fucked beyond belief. All I could think about was that one of my friends could possibly be in a hospital, or dead, and I had to go assert myself in the form of a Lab test. Oh. Boy.
     It went pretty much as expected. I knew everything there was to know on the test, but it took me pretty much all of the 50 minutes that were allotted to me, rather than the 15 it should have taken me. This was mostly because I kept seeing visions of my friends being mowed down by an AK47, which, as you can imagine, can be pretty distracting in any situation, let alone a major grade test. But, I got through the test.\
     After the test, I must have been able to walk back to my room, because that's where I found myself, sitting on my bed trembling. At this point, I figured I was beginning to have a panic attack: profuse sweating, uncontrollable shaking, momentary lapses of memory. Yea, it was no fun. 
     However, after...well, let's just suffice to say that I'm feeling pretty good right now. My happiness began to wear thin just a little while ago, but I'm able to keep myself under control, and I'm just loving the weather outside right now! It's great for typing blog posts in! Suriously, go outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment